An amazing opportunity to deepen your understanding of the science of Yoga!
Join us for a weekend of exploration of the deeper art and science of yoga. Together we will bridge the gap between the eastern science of yoga and the western sciences of anatomy and psychobiology. Participants will traverse the landscape of the subtle awareness of prānā and the potency of yoga as a method of dealing with embodied stress and trauma.
Friday June 5th, 5 – 8 pm
Saturday June 6th, 8 – 6 pm
Sunday June 7th, 9 – 5 pm
308 Red River Rd,
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1B1
Friday Evening – Exploring The Art & Science of Yoga
This evening will focus on exploring the purpose of the practice of yoga and establishing a foundation for the rest of the weekend. The group will explore topics such as what is yoga, where does it come from and what are some of the deeper truths surrounding the practice as it exists in our society today? The Friday evening program will include both discussion and practice.
- Identify the source of the art and science of yoga.
- Define and understand the concepts behind the sanskrit words ‘yoga’ and ‘samkhya.’
- Experience and list one practice from the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali
Saturday – Yoga, Prānā & The Pathways of Experience
Building off of Friday night’s momentum the group will explore the dynamics of prānā and how it interacts with our nervous system, impacting our perception and experience of reality. Jeff will introduce cutting-edge information about the prānic circulatory system and how prānā is embodied.
- Define and understand the concepts behind the sanskrit word ‘samskaras.’
- Explain how the practice of yoga is uniquely suited to access and release embedded impressions.
- Direct experience or recall of a moment when a practice uncovered or uprooted an embedded impression.
Sunday – Yoga & Embodied Trauma
Samskaras are powerful forces that influence the shape and color of our perception of reality. During this session participants will explore the capacity the body has to perceive, receive, carry and store Samskaras and how these impressions are embedded within the different layers of our being. By bridging the art of yoga with western science and psychobiology, Jeff will explain how the story of your life is written into the tissues of your body and how the practice of yoga is uniquely formulated to accesses and release these deeply embedded impressions.
- Explain the difference between breath, prānā and energy.
- List the elements of the prānic circulatory system.
- Identify the yogic correlates to the western divisions of our nervous system.
This weekend intensive re-enforces Yogic terminology, philosophy, and principles while bringing ancient practices into the light of current scientific research and direct experience.
All levels of experience are welcome.
Please dress comfortably for movement and bring something to take notes.
Registration Deadline: May 22nd, 2020
Space is limited to 20 participants.
Advanced registration is required.