Some resources to get you started on your journey to high vibration living!
Practical Things That You Can Do To Make A Significant Difference
- Simplify your life as much as possible.
- Think twice before you purchase.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- Try to find products with as little packaging as possible.
- If you are looking to replace a major appliance, choose an energy efficient one with the Energy Star label on it.
- Purchase only 100% recycled and chlorine-free paper products or try an alternative paper like hemp or kenaf.
- Take a shower instead of a bath and challenge yourself to make it the shortest shower possible.
- Install low-flow shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators.
- Switch your washing machine to cold water wash only.
- Use an old-fashioned clothesline or clothes-drying rack instead of your dryer whenever possible.
- Turn down your water heater to 120F or 49C.
- Repair any leaks in your faucets and water pipes.
- Turn your thermostat down at least 2 degrees down in the winter and 2 degrees up in the summer.
- Turn off every appliance that you are not using and unplug it at night or when you don’t expect to use it for a longer stretch of time.
- Purchase locally grown and produced organic food whenever possible or better yet, if you have access to garden space, grow your own.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet.
- Become a vegetarian or a vegan.
- Say NO to every plastic bag that is offered to you.
- Plant trees.
- Make the switch to green power.
- Change your transportation habits.
- Fly less often, if at all.
- Be a real eco-traveler.
- Do not use plastic water bottles.
- Switch your investments over to socially and environmentally responsible investments and be sure that all future investments are done in the same manner.
- Use only environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Remove yourself from junk mail lists.
- Encourage publishers of books, magazines, newsletters, and newspapers to use ancient forest friendly 100% postconsumer recycled paper for all their printing needs and congratulate those that do.
- Practice eco-friendly flushing: If it’s yellow, let it mellow. If it’s brown, flush it down.
- Choose to have an environmentally friendly yard and garden.
- If you are purchasing or renting a vehicle look for the most fuel-efficient and low-polluting one available and consider a plug-in hybrid.
- Go carbon neutral.
- Take action by writing to your political leaders and voting.
- Support your public library.
- Encourage your business, organization, school, family, and friends to reduce their carbon emissions and share this list (and perhaps, our book) with everyone you know!
~From Green Yoga by Georg and Brenda Feuerstein
Here are some of my favourite holistic wellness and support sites
- The BodyMind Institute
- Traditional Yoga Studies and Green Yoga
- Beautiful Vegan
- Vegan Peace
- Raw Food Recipes
- Hippocrates Health Institute
- Harmonic Arts
- Greenhealth Canada
- Happy Cow – the healthy eating guide
- CE Love Asana
- Jade Yoga
- Pokosha Clothing
- MahaDevi Design Sustainable Garments
- Shining Shakti Organic Cotton Hand-dyed Yoga Apparel
- Leonie Dawson, Shining Biz & Life Academy
- Wellness Universe
- Yoga For First Responders
- Wild Rose College of Natural Healing
Want Plant Based Whole Foods recipes to play with in your healing kitchen?
Be sure to get your Self a copy of my forthcoming book once it’s published! It is chock full of information to help you transition to healing, including ALL of my Cooked, Raw, and Transition recipes for the WHOLE family!
EWG’s Shoppers Guide to Pesticides in Produce
Please remember to purchase local, organic produce whenever possible, or grow your own at home. Shop at Farmer’s Markets and get to know the growers and their farming practices. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! I refer students and clients to the EWG’s Shoppers Guide to Pesticides in Produce as a reference guide for which produce items NEVER to buy unless they are organic, and which items have the least amount of pesticides. Get to know the “Dirty Dozen” and the “Clean Fifteen“, and see the full list for everything in between.
Remember, food that is laden with chemicals, or genetically modified is NOT what nature intended and thus cannot possibly heal and nourish the body. You wouldn’t put low grade lawnmower oil into a high performance sports car and expect it to function properly! Fuel your body with clean, living foods, the way Mother Earth intended.